9th Annual Los Angeles Faith in Action Conference
Join us for our 9th Annual Los Angeles Faith in Action Conference on Tuesday, November 24th at The California Endowment.
The annual conference is the only one of its kind bringing together pastors, ministry leaders and congregants of faith communities. The conference provides plenary speakers and workshops on health epidemics, human sexuality and LGBT issues—using language that faith community understands.
Speakers from faith institutions, academia and public health are invited to engage in and discuss recent trends that explore the obstacles faced by the Latino and other under-served communities. The Wall-Las Memorias Project has created this conference in this critical time of need for the purpose of uplifting spirits, nourishing the soul, and educating from the heart.
This year's conference includes discussions on:
- New HIV Prevention Methods, PrEP & PEP, A Bio-Medical Approach to Reducing the Spread of HIV in the Latino Community
- Hepatitis C & Co-Infections
- Transgender Experience: Barriers, Strengths, & Wellness
- Power of Prayer & Mercy, Healing Communities through Ministry
With interactive workshops on:
- HIV/AIDS Ministries
- Mental Health & Homelessness
- Dynamics of Sexuality in Relationships
- and more
This is a FREE community event with complimentary breakfast and lunch. Interpretation services will also be provided. Seating is limited, registration prior to the event is highly recommended.
November 24, 2015 at 8am - 2:30pm
The California Endowment
1000 N Alameda St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Google map and directions
Enrique Topete · · 323.257.1506 ext. 24