Todos Para La Salud: Mental Health Career Conference
Join us for our Todos Para La Salud: Mental Health Career Conference on Saturday, April 23rd from 9:00 am to 1:30 pm at USC-Mark Taper Hall of Humanities in Los Angeles.
This unique innovative conference is the only one of its kind bringing together LGBTQ undergraduate, graduate and local community college students to learn about different pathways to careers in mental health. The conference provides plenary speakers and workshops on field options, academic and professional guidance, financial aid and local mental health resources, and much much more!
Speakers from institutions, academia and public health are invited to engage in and discuss the obstacles faced by the Latino LGBTQ community in achieving mental health careers. The Wall-Las Memorias Project has created this conference in this critical time of need for the purpose of empowering, encouraging, and supporting the next generation of leaders of the mental health professional field.
The conference will include:
- Breakfast Mixer, Enjoy Music & Mingle with Fellow Attendees (Free Continental Breakfast)
- Todos Para La Salud Panel, Experiences from Consumer, Medical Professional, & Community Activist
- Field Options Breakout Session, Professionals from Different Mental Health Fields will Host Students for Q&A's
- Networking Lunch, Interact Face-to-Face w/Health Care Professionals, Admissions Personnel, Financial Aid Representatives, & Local Mental Health Resources
- Barriers Panel, Financial Aid, Standardized Testing, & Resources for Undocumented Young Professionals
Plus keynotes by:
- Supervisor Hilda Solis, County of Los Angeles Supervisor (District 1) & former U.S. Secretary of Labor
- Sergio Gascon, University of Southern California
- Richard Zaldivar, Executive Director of The Wall Las Memorias Project
- and special guest
Including resources from:
- UCLA Labor Center
- USC Keck School of Medicine
- Alma Family Services
- Cal State L.A., S.U.R.G.E.
- Pacific Oaks College
- Alliant University
- Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health
- Didi Hirsch, Suicide Prevention Services
- and more!
This is a FREE community event with COMPLIMENTARY BREAKFAST & LUNCH. Interpretation services will also be provided. Seating is limited, registration prior to the event is highly recommended.
April 23, 2016 at 9am - 1:30pm
USC - Mark Taper Hall of Humanities
3501 Trousdale Pkwy
Los Angeles, CA 90089
Google map and directions
Andres Magaña · · (323) 257-1056 Ext. 28