10th Annual Los Angeles Faith in Action Conference
Join us for our 10th Annual Los Angeles Faith in Action Conference on Tuesday, October 4th at The California Endowment.
The annual conference is the only one of its kind bringing together pastors, ministry leaders & congregants of faith communities. The conference provides plenary speakers & workshops on health epidemics, human sexuality & LGBT issues—using language that faith community understands.
This year's conference will explore the theme, "Understanding & Supporting the Pulse of the LGBTQ Community," exploring the healing process & impact on local community after the tragedy at Pulse Nightclub in Orlando, Florida.
Speakers from faith institutions, academia & public health are invited to engage in & discuss recent trends that explore the obstacles faced by Latino, LGBTQ & other under-served communities. The Wall-Las Memorias Project has created this conference in this critical time of need for the purpose of uplifting spirits, nourishing the soul, and educating from the heart.
This year's conference includes discussion topics:
- Impact on Pulse by Richard Zaldivar, Executive Director of The Wall Las Memorias Project
- Meningitis Update by Franklin Pratt Medical Director, Immunization Program at LA County Department of Public Health
- Opioid Epidemic in Los Angeles by Tina Kim of LA County Department of Public Health Substance Abuse Prevention & Control
- Transgender Challenges Panel Discussion by Johanna Padilla of The Wall Las Memorias Project
- Briefing on the Orlando Shooting & Lessons Learned by Special Agent Binnie Phan of FBI
- HIV Epidemic in Los Angeles by Mario Perez Director of Division of HIV & STD Programs LA Department of Public Health
With interactive workshops on:
- PrEP/PEP Community Outreach by Natalie Sanchez, HIV Services at AltaMed
- Parenting in a Dual Cultural Setting by Masteneh Moghadam of Cross Cultural Expressions
- Hepatitis C 101 by Krysten Klein Brand, Sr. Community Specialist of Gilead Sciences, Inc.
This is a FREE community event with complimentary breakfast & lunch. Interpretation services will also be provided. Seating is limited, registration prior to the event is highly recommended.
October 04, 2016 at 8:00am - 2:30pm
The California Endowment
1000 N Alameda St
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Google map and directions
Andres Magaña · · 323.257.1506 ext. 28